Make It Easy!
Don’t we love easy dinner recipes? There are just nights when making dinner is a job itself. On those nights when you’d rather don your pj’s than a chef’s apron, try this “Easy Ground Beef & Rice Skillet”. It’s a hearty meal everyone loves, takes hardly any time to prepare, and is an easy clean-up.
What I really love about skillets, or casseroles, is you can find almost every food group in one dish. However, if you’d like an easy side, those prepackaged salads with all of the fixing (including the dressing) are fabulous! Mix it up in a big salad bowl with tongs for the table, and you’re set! Or, a fruit salad is a nice complement as well.
Easy Ground Beef & Rice Skillet
- 2 lb. Ground Beef 93% lean
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 23.2 oz can tomato soup (or 2 - 10.5 oz. cans)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2/3 cup rice uncooked regular
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes w/chilies drained
- 1 large can green beans drained
- Over medium high heat, cook beef, onion, green pepper, salt and chili powder until beef is browned. (Keep breaking up beef so there are no large pieces.)
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, and cover.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes (covered) until rice is tender. Stir often.