The Story Behind The Wall
- Marcy Requist & Ron Wikso wrote Wall of Glass during the Covid-19 Quarantine of 2020.
- It originates from a first-hand understanding of what it’s like to be unable to visit a parent in a nursing home during the quarantine.
- The story begins in a hospital nursery with a new father looking at his baby daughter through its protective “wall of glass” .
- That little girl grows up, and now she is looking at her father through a “wall of glass” from outside his nursing home.
- She is unable to visit him because of the quarantine.
- The father has dementia, so there’s also a figurative wall that stands between him and his memories of his daughter.
- You may recognize yourself, or someone you know within the story.
And, you’ll feel a hug of comfort from the message,”Have faith, this too shall pass.”
The Musicians Behind The Wall
Not being able to be in the same studio during a quarantine didn’t stop this team from recording.
As seen in the music video, technology makes it possible to be hundred of miles apart, but still be able to play “together”.