The Story Behind The Wall
- Marcy Requist & Ron Wikso wrote Wall of Glass during the Covid-19 Quarantine of 2020.
- It originates from a first-hand understanding of what it’s like to be unable to visit a parent in a nursing home during the quarantine.
- The story begins in a hospital nursery with a new father looking at his baby daughter through its protective “wall of glass” .
- That little girl grows up, and now she is looking at her father through a “wall of glass” from outside his nursing home.
- She is unable to visit him because of the quarantine.
- The father has dementia, so there’s also a figurative wall that stands between him and his memories of his daughter.
- You may recognize yourself, or someone you know within the story.
And, you’ll feel a hug of comfort from the message,”Have faith, this too shall pass.”
Not being able to be in the same studio during a quarantine didn’t stop this team from recording.
As seen in the music video, technology makes it possible to be hundred of miles apart, but still be able to play “together”.
Ron Wikso – Production/Mixing/Drums
(Foreigner, Cher, CCR, Richie Sambora, Gregg Rolie Band, Player, Eddie Money)
Wally Minko – Piano
(Toni Braxton, Tom Jones, Barry Manilow, Pink!, En Vogue, Arturo Sandoval,
Gregg Rolie Band, Jean-Luc Ponty)
Kurt Griffey – Guitars
(CCR, Gregg Rolie Band, Spencer Davis, Randy Meisner of The Eagles, Eddie Money)
Matt Bissonette – Bass Guitar
(Elton John, Ringo Starr, ELO, Rick Springfield, Maynard Ferguson, “Friends” TV Show)
Jerry Tubb – Mastering
(Mastering Engineer for everyone from Willie Nelson to Paul McCartney)